Thursday, August 20, 2009

Galena

The first weekend in August The Pekareks headed to Galena, IL for a little golfing, shopping, relaxing, and bonding. For some reason taking pictures wasn't my top priority, but we did have lots of fun. As soon as we arrived the boys played their first round of golf while the girls went shopping in the historic downtown district of Galena. The Resort we stayed at, Eagle Ridge was a sight in itself. It is located in the beautiful Mississippi River Valley. If you haven't been there,it is a must see. It is definitely the heart of the midwest with rolling green hills, red barns, and silos as far as the eye can see. I couldn't get enough of the views! Maybe I'm just a true Iowa girl and just really appreciate where I come from! We stayed in a beautiful house (I wish I would have taken a picture). Although the house was beautiful and seemed very pristine, mom and Brett managed to find a few friendly critters crawling around AND Mom and Dad managed to bring two home with them. I hate cockroaches...

This is picture is a classic Jakson picture. Always entertaining us in some way or form. He's definitely his father's child.

Cuddling with Daddy after a day of golf!


Grandpa Pekarek loves his baby J.


Uncle Jess and Jakson's dance video

2 comments:

  1. That 1st pic of Jakson is too funny!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, don't you love it? One of my friends said that that is how she feels at work most of the time. HILARIOUS! So true, especially being a teacher!

    ReplyDelete